We are happy to introduce the new RF Explorer 3G+ IoT modules, with direct support for Arduino and Raspberry Pi platforms.
These modules are cost-effective platforms to develop your own customized Spectrum Analyzer, Power Detector, RF activity alarm, RF sniffer, RF QA test bench, etc.
Programmability and network capabilities of the hosting platform enables remote control and diagnosis scenarios, fully automated RF alarm systems, advanced assistance for unattended detection requirements such as those of radio operators, cell towers and HAM stations. These modules are also small and low weight so you can add it onboard on any FPV plane or drone and use to scan the flight area to detect interferers, or measure antenna response.
RF Explorer 3G+ IoT boards are delivered in two configuration modes:
- Raspberry Pi
- Arduino and compatible boards (3.0 – 3.3V only)
We recommend Raspberry Pi mode for advanced usage and more powerful libraries, and Arduino for simpler, non-Linux software libraries related development.
For added flexibility, these two boards can be easily re-converted between modes by soldering a required connector:
- Raspberry Pi Hat can be converted to Arduino Shield by soldering standard 0.1” male headers to the PCB
- Arduino Shield can be converted to Raspberry Pi Hat by soldering a 26x2 0.1” female header to the PCB
Designed in this way, it is easy to reconvert the board to a different hosting platform with no extra cost if you have different needs down the road.
Furthermore, other platforms such as BeagleBoard, Chip, Chipkit, Teensy all them can easily control a RF Explorer 3G+ IoT by manually connecting it to standard UART port.
Where to buy RF Explorer IoT Modules
Currently available at SeeedStudio:
Most of our distributors will eventually have them available.
RF Explorer 3G+ IoT Specifications
- Includes the advanced 3G+ MWSUB3G RF Explorer module
- Frequency band coverage: 15-2700 MHz
- Standard SMA 50 ohms connector
- Advanced selectable internal input stage: Normal, LNA, 30dB Attenuator
- Amplitude resolution: 0.5dBm
- Dynamic range: -130dBm to +10dBm
- Absolute Max input power: +30dBm
- Average noise floor level (typical with LNA enabled): -120dBm
- Frequency stability and accuracy (typical): +-10ppm
- Amplitude stability and accuracy (typical): +-3dBm
- All modules are factory calibrated
- Frequency resolution: 1Khz
- Resolution bandwidth (RBW): automatic 3KHz to 600KHz
- Protected with resettable fuse
- Power consumption: 100-500mW
For more details, please visit www.rf-explorer.com/IoT