RF Explorer 3G+ IoT uses several digital connections from the Arduino board, including the UART0 for the embedded MWSUB3G module control.
|RF Connector||Standard SMA female, 50 ohm RF quality connector. It can be connected to antennas or RF direct signal with coaxial cable.|
|SW1 Switch||Used to select Arduino UART0 (Arduino small form factor) or UART3 (Arduino large form factor)|
|BUTTON_1||Push button used for specific MWSUB3G operational modes|
|JP1 Buzzer||Digital output connector for custom alarm buzzer, LED, actuator or equivalent configurable device|
RED LED will light if the board is receiving correct power from the 5V Arduino source. The 5V input from Arduino is then converted to 3.3V with a dedicated LDO.
Power is protected by a resettable fuse.
|Activity LED||GREEN LED will show specific status and activity performed by the MWSUB3G module.|
|MWSUB3G Module||RF advanced spectrum analyzer module.|
|JP2, JP3, JP4, JP5||Standard Arduino connectors|
|JP6||UART3 connector for Arduino DUE|
|Module included||3G+ MWSUB3G advanced RF Explorer module|
|Frequency band coverage||15-2700 MHz|
|Connector||Standard SMA 50 ohms|
|Selectable input stage||Normal, LNA, 30dB Attenuator|
|Dynamic range||-130dBm to +10dBm|
|Absolute Max input power||+30dBm|
|Average noise floor level||-120dBm (typical with LNA enabled)|
|Frequency stability and accuracy||+-10ppm (typical)|
|Amplitude stability and accuracy||+-3dBm (typical)|
|Amplitude and Frequency calibration||All modules are factory calibrated|
|Resolution bandwidth (RBW)||automatic 3KHz to 600KHz|
|DC Voltage Level||3.3V on all pins|
|DC Protection||Protected with resettable fuse|
Compatible Arduino boards
IMPORTANT: Do not connect to 5V Arduino boards, the IoT module is only compatible with Arduino 3.3V models. Not following this advise will damage your IoT module.
Models listed below are tested and supported Arduino models you can use. If you want to connect to a different Arduino model contact with us first.
1 - Arduino Due / Genuino Due
- We recommend Arduino DUE (more details at Arduino site here) for best results and full capabilities enabled for IoT modules.
- Please use this link for more details on Arduino Due configuration and use.
2 - Seeeduino
- Seeeduino is a low cost, 8 bit small form factor Arduino compatible board compatible with RF Explorer 3G+ IoT module.
- There are different Seeeduino boards, including Seeeduino, Seeeduino Lite, Seeeduino Stalker, Seeeduino Mega. Please check SeeedStudio bazaar for more details.
- We tested and validated standard Seeeduino v4.2 board, but other Seeeduino models should work the same as long as they can be configured for 3.3V. In particular, Seeeduino Mega offers large form factor with multiple UART, so the benefit for usability is better but also cost is higher, so comparing Seeeduino Mega and Arduino Due, we always recommend Arduino Due.
- Use this link for more details on Seeeduino configuration and use.