The RF Explorer Signal Generator model RFE6GEN is a powerful, wideband fully programmable RF signal generator. It is the perfect companion for Spectrum Analyzer RF Explorer product line.
As a standalone unit, RFE6GENcan generate CW and Sweep signals by selecting embedded menu options. When connected to a PC, it can be fully programmed with the RF Explorer for Windows software tool. Furthermore, the unit can work as a powerful Tracking Generator when used with RF Explorer Spectrum Analyzer connected to the same PC, offering full Scalar Network Analyzer (SNA) capabilities. The SNA feature allows full characterization of filters, amplifiers and any 2-port RF device.
- Pocket size and light weight
- Solid aluminum metal case
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features
- High capacity Lipo for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB
- RF Explorer for Windows PC client Open Source
- Can be extended with internal Expansion Modules for additional future band support and functionality
- Wide band support
- Frequency range supported: 24 to 6000 MHz
- Frequency step/resolution: 1KHz
- Frequency stability: 0.5ppm
- Temperature compensated (0-45C)
- Backlight for great indoor visibility
- Standard SMA 50 ohms connector
- Programmable Amplitude with included internal programmable attenuator:
- -40dBm to -30dBm in 3dB steps
- -10dBm to 0dBm in 3dB steps
- Amplitude accuracy: +-0.5dB (normalized) or +-3dB (absolute)
- Spurs: RFE6GEN uses a fractional PLL configuration and can in some cases create spurs typically -50dBc or less.
- Harmonics: typical values range about -20dBc for 2nd/3rd harmonic, and reduce gradually for higher harmonics. An expansion board is being developed to significantly reduce the harmonics in an upgradable configuration. Customers can easily enhance the base configuration for better filtering if required.
- Switch measurement point speed < 10ms
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors
- PC Windows client supports Windows XP/Vista/Win7 both 32 and 64bits
- Functional modes:
- CW signal generator at any frequency in the range
- Tracking generator functionality working together with RF Explorer when connected to the same PC
- Sweep generator between any to frequencies in the range, with selectable step size and speed
- Expansion port for future enhancements (higher RF power modes, additional frequency bands)
- CE / FCC / RoHS compliant
- Size: 113x70x25 mm