This manager tool provides a mean to store standalone recorded sweeps from the device into computer data files. This feature is only available for Spectrum Analyzer devices with enabled RECORD/PLAY license feature. For more details visit www.rf-explorer.com/rec
This feature is available in RF Explorer Touch version 1.6 and higher, and RF Explorer for Windows version 2.3 and higher.
To open the Record Manager:
- In RF Explorer Touch application open the Device configuration screen and select [Record Manager] button.
- In RF Explorer for Windows application open the Device -> Record Manager menu.
Once the Record Manager is open the list of recorded sessions will be available at Selected Record option. If no record sessions are available or the analyzer has no activated license, the tool will report this with a warning message and the Record Manager will not open.
Record sessions can be downloaded one by one with [Download Record] button or all at once with [Download All].
Record sessions can be deleted to restore device memory space using [Delete All…] button.
Close option will close the dialog and go to main spectrum analyzer screen automatically, showing the latest record downloaded:
- In RF Explorer Touch application you can replay the downloaded record session using the replay bar.
- In RF Explorer for Windows application you can replay by using the "sample" numeric control up/down.
Automatically generated data files from recorded sessions can be reopoened for reply anytime, shared, etc.
In order to provide best support and enable specific software features, some RF Explorer software requires registration and internet connection.
You must provide a valid registration email to receive an activation code for your computer. If you do not receive a valid email after a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The first time a RF Explorer software tool is loaded, it may request user data to be entered.
Only email and country are required fields, others are optional and can be left empty. The email must be a valid, active email to receive the license code.
With these steps completed, click on [Register Online] button to close the registration form.
Software License Activation
The RF Explorer software will communicate with a secure online server to enable and activate the software license. This software license will generate a license code, delivered to the email account specified on the User Registration step in less than 5 minutes.
This code received by email must be copied and pasted over the designated input area.
If the email is not received, please check these possible causes:
- The email may be in junk/spam folder
- The email may have been incorrectly entered, in such case use the [Reset Email...] button to register again with a corrected email.
- The software may not be able to communicate with online secure server due to Firewall or Proxy issues. Check your computer or network configuration. Alternatively use offline registration by email as described below.
Troubleshooting - Register Offline
If no email is received using [Register Online] option, you may try registering offline.
Some computers may have an unreliable connection to internet, or no connection at all. In some other cases, the computer may be connected to internet but within a limited network proxy or firewall preventing any access to license server.
In those cases you can register sending a license request by email. This method requires a few more steps so it is not recommended as first option.
- Use either [Register Offline] button in the first registration form, or [Request Offline License Code] in the License Activation form.
- Follow instructions from screen to create an email and attach the license file to be submitted to our license server. If the computer has no connection to internet, the license file can be copied to a different computer then send email from there. As long as you can send an email following the instructions you can use any computer connected to internet to enable offline registration.
- Accuracy, precision and resolution
- Adjusting Sweep time
- Device shows "Pre-calibrating" on screen
- Expansion Modules
- How to submit RF Explorer report log file
- Introducing RF Explorer 6GHz units
- License and Copyright
- Restoring default settings
- RF Explorer Application Data folder
- RF Explorer battery
- RF Explorer for Windows displays "Configuration System Failed to Initialize" error message
- RF Explorer online discussion and feedback
- Exporting RF Explorer data
- How to: Assembling an Expansion Module
- How To: Create Linux custom Raspberry Pi setup for RF Explorer IoT
- How to: Exporting files to Wireless Workbench WWB
- How to: FM modulation with RF Explorer Signal Generator
- How to: Install MacOS drivers
- How to: Installing USB drivers
- How to: Measure Directivity of Directional Couplers
- How to: SNA Measuring Reflection - Return Loss
- How to: SNA Measuring RF Filter response
- How to: Upload new firmware to RF Explorer
- How to: Upload new firmware to RF Explorer in Microsoft Windows
- How to: Upload RF Explorer firmware from MacOS X computer
- How to: Upload RF Explorer firmware in Linux
- Expansion RFEM2.4G PLUS
- Expansion RFEM4G PLUS
- Expansion RFEM6G PLUS
- Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Holder
- RF Explorer 3G Combo - Specification
- RF Explorer 3G+ IoT for Arduino
- RF Explorer 3G+ IoT for Arduino Due
- RF Explorer 3G+ IoT for Raspberry Pi
- RF Explorer 3G+ IoT for Seeeduino
- RF Explorer 4G Combo PLUS
- RF Explorer 6G - Specification
- RF Explorer 6G Combo - Specification
- RF Explorer 6G Combo PLUS
- RF Explorer ISM Combo PLUS
- RF Explorer models
- RF Explorer Near Field Antenna Kit
- RF Explorer Power Limiter
- RF Explorer Signal Generator Combo - Specifications
- RF Explorer Signal Generator RFE6GEN - Specification
- RF Explorer Upconverter
- RF Explorer WiFi Combo - Specification
- RF Explorer WSUB1G PLUS
- RF Explorer WSUB1G PLUS SLIM